Fletis Humplebacker

"Duane Bozarth"
Fletis Humplebacker wrote:
Duane Bozarth wrote:

You don't agree w/ what?

Einstein was Jewish, therefore one must presume most of his thinking was
strongly influenced by that tradition and background. His involvement
w/ the establishment of Israel certainly would not contradict that
hypothesis.

But he spoke on the subject. We don't need to guess.

True...but you, imo, used what he wrote/spoke to promote a position that
I don't believe he actually held (or would hold now if he were still
here)...

Well, he called the design intelligent. What do you propose that he was
trying to say?

How does any of what you wrote negate the thought of Einstein looking
for underlying physical principles which are invariate over time and
space? That is, in fact, what he spent his career looking for...

I never suggested otherwise. Where do you get the science or god
dichotomy? My purpose in bringing up Einstein was that it need not
be an either or scenario.

I never said dichotomy either...I did suggest there's a difference in
what I think you're trying to use what he (and other prominent early
scientists as welll) said to represent as opposed to what they actually
meant/said/believed.

IOW, I think Einstein was comfortable w/ the thought that there could
well have been an intelligence behind the initial event, but I have
never seen anything in his writings that implies to me that for an iota
he thought there was anything but a physical process in play after
that...

I didn't say that he did.

it would, imo, totally negate the idea of there even being a
"unified theory" if that were not the case.

Are you saying that no ID believing scientist believes there may
be a unified theory?