Duane Bozarth

Kenneth wrote:

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 07:38:07 -0400, "George" George@least
wrote:

That's a thought - maybe we "evolutionists" should ask for equal time in
the pulpits :-).

If they're supported with tax money, sure.

Howdy,

As I mentioned somewhere else, they are. It's called "tax
exempt status" but, of course, that just means that they are
supported with tax money without the necessity of
contributing to it.

That, of course, is no different than any other 501(c)3. And they do
pay sales and other use taxes and any paid employees pay _their_ taxes,
etc., ...

Otoh, like many of the others (Red Cross comes to mind as perhaps the
most widely known example) make sizable contributions back to the
community that among other things, relieve expenses for social and other
services that otherwise would come from the public coffers so there's
mutual benefit there...