My company (Fair Pacific Bamboo) carries bamboo flooring as well as
bamboo plywood. We ship all over the US. We carry both "horizontal",
which is made of multiple layers of bamboo laminated crosswise, the top
layer being 3/4 wide strips, and "vertical", which is made of multiple
thin bamboo strips laid edgewise. Most bamboo cutting boards are
vertical construction.

We also carry bamboo veneer and other products.

Our stock on the plywood is low at the moment, we recently had a big
purchase from a furniture company, but please give me a call and let me
know your requirements.

Website is at http://www.fairpacific.com

Regards
-Greg

rob wrote:
It seems there is a new type of bamboo lumber that crate and barrel are
using for some of their furniture. It looks quite nice.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family...1&SearchPage=1

I searched the web using google, looked in woodweb and an asian woodweb
site for any references to where I can buy this bamboo lumber. I even
contacted crate and barrel (I'm still waiting for a reply). All I
could find are references to bamboo flooring.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I might obtain information
about purchasing some of this lumber ?

It sounds like it would be an easily and quickly renewable resource. I
suspect it may be new to the lumber market and there are not that many
manufactures ?

Thanks for the advice,
rob baynes