Steve Peterson

Welcome back, Renata. Missed you.

"Renata" wrote in message
Speaking of the educational system (and without reading the ENTIRE
thread)...

My theory is that ole Fred went to schools that had a pretty good
foundation in science, whereas ole Fletis probably didn't.

You want your kids to learn about God in school, send them to a
private religious institution. Really.

Part of my basis for these statements is my background - went to
Catholic school for 12 years (horrors! ;-) We learned science kinda
stuff in the vaious science classes (you know, chemistry, physics,
biology, etc.). Then, the idea of an intelligent designer as a
possible explanation for the wonders and origins of the universe was
given in RELIGION class. 'Cause, you can't TEST the idea of ID using
the scientific method (a kinda fundamental requirement of SCIENCE).

Renata

[Great. My first (& 2nd) post coming back to the ole rec is about
religion. I'm sure the next will be politics ;-]

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:18:24 -0700, "Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote:

No, that isn't the issue. My argument has been on the biased
educational system, not whether we should be allowed to have
personal beliefs or demanding that God is declared real by the
scientific community.