Robatoy

In article ,
Australopithecus scobis wrote:

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:15:58 -0400, Robatoy wrote:

Why not use particle board? Cheap, flat, and get the 1" thick stuff.
Laminate the edge, forget about the bottom.

The stuff don't flex much either.

I scrounged a 72 x 30 in particle board desktop. It's supported at the
corners and rear center and has a lip underneath all around. It holds two
computers, three monitors, random peripherals, and a small TV. It sags.
I'm not disagreeing with Robatoy, but OP might want to think about good
cross support.

Cross supports are good. If you put in enough of those, the top can be
made from 1/8" hard board *G*