George

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Would you be OK with ID if it were taught as a possible augmentation
to the *philsosophy* of science rather than science proper?

Depends on what you then meant by ID...it would have to quit pretending
to be science-based and admit it is simply discussing something about
what is outside the realm of science--but then, there are many schools
of philosophy dealing w/ those issues already. What would distinguish
it as ID vis a vis some other?

Doesn't qualify as science, in my opinion, but purely as philosophy.
Important to give perspective and historical background in a science class,
but when the kids on either side of the battle of narrow minds would get
cranked up, I used to return to the idea that science only answers how, not
why.

How is the only question a scientist should answer _ as a scientist_, by
the way. S/he should not question faith any more than someone of faith
should question science.