Bruce Barnett

"Fletis Humplebacker" ! writes:

We can predict many of the characterists of that fossil.

You can predict that similar fossils have similar characteristics?
Don't go too far out on the limb.

Sure. Look at the evolution of various families.
There are common traits within a family, and
at different periods, some traits become more established.

As I said - the teeth, height, bone structure, feet, skull, mandible -
all have certain characteristics.

Tell a paeoltologist you found a "horse-like fossil" from 25 million
years ago, and he can tell you what characterists is should have.

For instance, if we have a 3-toed horse and a one-toed horse,
we expect to find a horse with the outer toes smaller as paprt
of the transition. And that is what happened.

But was it formally a bird or mudskimmer?

Are you looking for a half-horse half-cow creature?
There would be no separation of fossils by layer. But fossils
ARE separated by layer, in a predictable manner.

Different species at different times doesn't prove evolution.

We have evidence of evolution without fossil evidence, as it has
occured during our lifetime. So we have proof ignoring fossils.

The fossils just give us 1 billion more examples of proving it.