M.J.

"George" George@least wrote in message

"billh" wrote in message
.. .
I would think how the screw is stored would have an effect on rusting and
here I tend to turn mostly in the winter when it is dry in the house and
darn cold outside and the summer humidity is somewhat controlled by
airconditioning leakage into the basement. But I think your environment
kind of throws that theory out since I'd think you'd have a lot of nasty
moisture compared to my chunks of maple in a dry basement.

Don't "store" it in some green cherry or oak. It works pretty fast. WD40
it afterward for best results.

I turn cherry and oak all the time. I suppose if I "stored" it in this wood
I eventually would see some rust but that would be stupid ..... So I don't
!

With the safe and convenient options available for larger stock, as I
said, it's not worth the risk . Because you _can_ doesn't mean your
_should_ use it.

So if we all opt for the "George Method (tm)" then we will be MUCH safer.

--

Regards,
M.J. (Mike) Orr