Walter R.

LOL

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:nuw1f.15$t43.9@trndny02...

"Steve" wrote in message

The plan was to have a mason build a 18" x 18"
granite column to support this corner. I want to use granite to match
the foundation which is granite. A builder friend of recently told me
that the granite column really isn't strong enough to hold up the porch
and that I should use a 4" steel post because it would be stronger.

He has a valid point. Just look at the condition of the Parthenon. It is
crumbling away after only 2000 years. Had they used steel columns and
some aluminum siding, it would look much better today.