Nick Hull

In article ,
Sheldon Harper wrote:

Then we drove very slowly all the way down that forest service road (9
miles) to a main road where we were able to get someone to call a tow
truck for us.

So my clever friend and his "shoe lace" got us home!

A bungee did this for me so well I was almost tempted to forget about
replacing the tie rod end.

Actually the caster will keep the wheel in the right direction if you
drive forward slowly. I have done it with a farm tractor and a 66
Chrysler.

More than a shoe lace: One weekend while garage sale shopping my VW
didn't want to go after a stop sign. The guy behind drove alongside and
told me my engine had fallen out! Sure enough, the engine was laying on
the pavement, still connected but unable to shift because the linkage
was shifted. I got a couple of logs from the nearby creek and levered
the engine back up and tied it into place with some rope I had in the
car, steel cored so it was strong. Drove the car 30 miles home then 20
miles to a repair shop on Monday.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/