Max

James Sweet wrote:
"Max" wrote in message

Hi I trying to fix Sony KV-27FS12 27' TV.Front LED blinking 4 times.I
found short horizontal output transistor D2578.After replaced and try to
turn on TV the transistor blow out again after it start working for few
seconds.There is no bad solder connections on the board.I suspect bad
flyback.Any suggestions?Thanks

First thing I'd check are electrolytic capacitors, Sony sets that are
blowing parts can be a real pain to fix, they're good units but very touchy
in some respects and have to be fixed just right.

I checked the caps which is involve in B+ line.All good.The TV start
doing HV but for few seconds then Horizontal output transistor blow out
and TV shut down to safe mode.I checked HV by HV meter connected to
anode.Any other suggestions.

PS TO TOM I'm a shop working in this business for 15 years.Fixed
previous models of Sony for 5 minutes especially when 2 blowed out
transistor in power supply and in chain reaction of blowed HO
transistor.I never had the problem like this with Sony that's why asking
people who got similar problem before to safe some time on troubleshooting.