Hi,

I have worked with Scottish Water in the past and my speciality is lead
in public water supplies but I have dealt with water qaulity for
sometime.

The increase in TDS can be due to any disruption around the well. Has
there been vibration around the well to upset the coating? This would
cause the natural coating on the well to break up and cause a spike of
TDS. This would disappear when the coating reforms and there is again a
satble environment.

Another causes can be heavy rain, flow is reversed and increase in pH.
The water is very hard (high alkalinity) so the pH should be stable so
my guess is disruption around the well or water source. It should
settle and return to normal soon.

Hope this helps.

Kelly