Michael Kennedy

I would tell them to give me my microwave back and I would be taking it
elsewhere to have it fixed. I think they are just trying to take your money
or trying to get you to buy a new microwave. $400 is just insane.

- Mike

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"bones" writes:

They told me that it was the magnatron, is that the same as the
transformer
and does that sound right that it is the magnatron?

No, they are totally different devices. Did they tell you it was the
magnetron
after you complained that everyone else said the transformer was unlikely?

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above
is

Later

"bones" wrote in message
Thanks to all for the replies. I will question Sears and also let them
know that I've been told that this is a rarity.
And I will let you know what they say.

Jeff

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"bones" wrote in message
After two weeks in the Sears repair shop, they finally looked at my
microwave and they told me that I need a new transformer. Going by
my
earlier postings regarding the problems and the replies that I
received,
do
you think that this sounds like a good diagnosis? It will cost me
$400
Canadian. I bought the microwave in '99 for $600 Can. If it is an
accurate
diagnosis do you think it would be worth to fix it at this price?

Thanks
Jeff

That sounds unlikely, the only time I've *ever* seen a microwave
transformer fail was on an ancient Amana RadarRange and that was
20 years ago, the oven started billowing putrid smoke.