Tom MacIntyre

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:03:52 -0700, Max wrote:

Hi I trying to fix Sony KV-27FS12 27' TV.Front LED blinking 4 times.I
found short horizontal output transistor D2578.After replaced and try to
turn on TV the transistor blow out again after it start working for few
seconds.There is no bad solder connections on the board.I suspect bad
flyback.Any suggestions?Thanks

The light bulb trick would have saved the HOT...they don't short for
no reason...this thing, if memory serves, requires a multiple-step
troubleshooting procedure that I don't recall, the ability to vary
line AC input, etc...if you can't find the correct procedure, and
don't have the gear, take it to a shop that can repair it.

Tom