Tim Daneliuk

Kenneth wrote:

On 06 Oct 2005 15:15:59 EDT, Tim Daneliuk
wrote:

Tax funded institutions, by their very nature, are open to a democractic
governance process. An overwhelming majority of people do not accept
mechanical evolution as fact - they affirm some kind of intelligent
cause.

Howdy,

And would you include religious institutions in that group,
that is, those that "by their very nature are open to a
democratic governance process" because of their tax-exempt
status?

All the best,

Yes - Religious groups should NOT be granted tax exempt status.
Neither should charities or anyone else for that matter. This
is the only way to keep indirect government subsidies from
opening the door for government control. Note that SCOTUS
ruled in the exact opposite direction regarding religions
arguing that if religion was tax, this opened the door for
government control of religion. I disagree. So long as
taxation is not "targeted" by demographic in *any* way -
everyone pays the exact same rate, no exceptions - there is
no way for government to tinker much using the tax code. Of
course that isn't what we have today in the West. We have
taxation systems designed to allow the Few to rule the Many
and dictate social outcomes ... like just what can and cannot
be taught in public schools.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/