Noon-Air

Default High Efficiency Furnace - ductwork changes needed?

We can't *see* it from here, your best bet is to call your local,
*competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician to
assess your needs and properly install a correctly sized furnace for your
maximum comfort and minimum utility bills.

"Christian Fox" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm planning on getting a high-efficiency natural gas-fired furnace to
replace our
current 15-year old standard-efficiency furnace within the next year or
so.

I've heard that the high-efficiency furnaces require different ducting,
and use a vent on
the side of the house rather than a chimney as an exhaust.

Our current furnace has two insulated ducts going to the side of the
house, and the
chimney running to the roof. If I get a new high-efficiency furnace, is
it likely that
the ducts to the wall will need to be changed?

The reason I ask is that I'm considering finishing my basement, and if I
do the ducts
won't be easily accessible. If the ductwork will need to get changed or
replaced, I'd
rather do that before finishing the basement ceiling.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Christian Fox