Ed Sirett

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:02:13 -0700, wrote:

Yes I agree with all the points raised.

We all should know that 'list' prices allow for a max of %60 of.
However depending on where you buy, ie. How many people buy direct from
a factory ? ie. Distribution

And yes if I was looking for some plane cheapo tiles wickes might do.
However I've found mosaic tiles for £1.99 a sheet from tops tiles.
This is by far the cheapest I've found, so when you suggest that they
are not all that cheap, I find that hard to understand. I've been to
about 8 other tile shops. None keep any tiles in stock and all just
have displays, with a 8+ week lead time, and the prices are more like
£3-4 a sheet.

So when you consider a %40 discount on this, it really is a good price.
Oh and no delivery cost or waiting

Try Tile Clearing House or Tile City - I beleive the first is part of the
same group as Topps!

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk