Lurch

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 18:14:17 GMT, "Cicero"
scrawled:

The braided earth cable connecting the Board's earth to my earthing block is
a soldered connection to one end of the earthing block. The other end of the
block has a single hole large enough for only one 16mm earth cable which is
currently connected to the consumer unit.

The latest earthing regulations require a further two connections to this
block, namely 10mm from gas main and 10mm from water main.

No they don't, they require the 10mm bonding cables from services to
be connected to the meterhead, an earthing block as you describe or to
the CU's earth bar.

My intention is to connect a new earthing block (with four 16mm connecting
holes) to the old block using a short length of 16mm cable. It will then be
possible to connect the required service earths to the new block.

Is this arrangement acceptable and safe or should I get a completely new
earthing block fitted by the Board?

Your way is fine, although you could fit the cables directly to the
earth bar in the CU and not need to do any adding of earth blocks.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group