Cicero

Default Yet more earthing....

The braided earth cable connecting the Board's earth to my earthing block is
a soldered connection to one end of the earthing block. The other end of the
block has a single hole large enough for only one 16mm earth cable which is
currently connected to the consumer unit.

The latest earthing regulations require a further two connections to this
block, namely 10mm from gas main and 10mm from water main.

My intention is to connect a new earthing block (with four 16mm connecting
holes) to the old block using a short length of 16mm cable. It will then be
possible to connect the required service earths to the new block.

Is this arrangement acceptable and safe or should I get a completely new
earthing block fitted by the Board?

Any advice welcome,

Cic.