Sparks

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Just a further thought on your plug and socket arrangement in the genny
shed.

A better arrangement would be to have the inlet connector (the one on the
end of the cable from the house) mounted in a box on the wall. The flying
socket from the genny then plugs into this. I would also make the N-E
bond and the connection to the earth electrode inside this box, with an
additional 10 mm^2 bonding conductor going to the generator frame. That
way your earth continuity is not dependent on a plug and socket
connection.

--
Andy

Andy,

Manu thanks for your time looking at this for me, it's most appreciated!

I was intending on terminating the SWA that comes from the house in a wall
mounted plug, just haven't got one yet!

In your previous post, you said
"The best job really would be to use 10 or 16 mm^2 2-core SWA all the way
from the genny shed to the transfer switch."

Would I be using the armour as the earth here, or did you mean 3 core?

As it is all in place, I think I will just upgrade the 6mm T&E with 16mm (Or
would it be better to use 2 core SWA and use the armour as earth, as this is
10p per meter cheaper from TLC :-)

Ta

Sparks...