Dave Liquorice

On 6 Oct 2005 05:06:59 -0700, wrote:

I suspect that anything that comes from 'gadgets.co.uk' is probably
a totally worthless gimmick.

Nope but don't expect it to match a D Cell Maglight but for moving
about in the dark and not stubbing your toe they are fine. Trying to
do much work with one as the sole source of light would be a pain as
the run time is only about 5 min after 30 to 60s of shaking. But for
finding the fuse box and reseting a breaker or finding more
sunstantial emergency light sources no problem. The big plus being
that it will almost certainly work, no bulb to go phut, no battery to
self discharge and leak. Even if the capacitor goes tits up the magnet
going through the coil produces a bright pulse of light.

They're about 30 quid from most places,

=A330! FING HELL!!! Don't pay more than a tenner inc postage and VAT.
Take a look on ebay, "forever flashlight" produces 17 items, some as
auctions, some as BIN with a range of prices but most if not all
ending up with a total less than =A310 inc.

but I've also seen them for a fiver at a local garage. Certainly
worth the fiver!

Definately worth a fiver. One lives by my bedside in case of night
time power cuts.

--
Cheers

Dave. pam is missing e-mail