Fletis Humplebacker

"John Emmons" wrote in message ...
Charlie,

Your description of the "bible belt" also applies to other areas of the
country. IN my case, Southern California.

I recall a class on the history of religion in the mediterranean area while
I was in college. A publically funded university, which I'm sure will make
Mr. Daneliuk's skin crawl...

The class was taught by a former Baptist minister who had gone on to study
Buddhism. Fascinating guy.

It took less than a week for a well intentioned but stupid student to start
refuting every thing he mentioned in the lectures with the refrain, "it
doesn't say that in the bible..."

This person disputed the very existence of other religions, claiming that
any belief system other than christianity was simply wrong...

I finally raised my hand and told her that I hadn't paid my tuition to hear
what she thought. She left the class never to return after that.

Getting back to the point I tried to make in my earlier post, the professor
wasn't demanding that her church teach his beliefs, why do christians
insist on having schools teach about theirs?

John Emmons

Most of them don't. They only want fairness in education. Instead
of only teaching that nothing exploded and everything happened
and we crawled out of the mud that they would also mention that
many scientist see evidence for design. I don't think you're much
different than the Christian fundamentalist that you embarassed.