Geoff M

Not good enough, given the price of the tools. If the cheapie from the Red
Dragon noodle and tool company, sold as the house brand at the local Borg,
can have a "no questions asked" replacement warranty, then Milwaukee need
to get their act together.
Side note: this is not the first time i have heard of Big Name companies
stuffing up on warrantee issues. A friend had a new, expensive DeWalt
cordless drill in which the gearbox died 3 weeks after purchase. They
wouldn't replace it(and it was well looked after - he makes a living with
it) and it took over a month to fix. He was not impressed to say the least.
Even with the cheapest Black and Decker, he would have walked out with a
new tool within minutes. When a tool is only 3 weeks old, and it has a
terminal failure like that, it is a no brainer.
Similarly, with our German made hedgetrimmer. Gearbox dies second time of
trimming our small, short,(then) 1 year old hedge. We bought this brand
after good reviews in the Consumer mag, and paid extra for the privilege.
They weren't going to replace it, saying that the importers said they
wouldn't fix it as it "must have hit a wire, or been abused". Uhh, no. No
wire in there. Took the words "not my problem with the importers",
"Consumer Guarantees Act", "Small claims court" and "publicity" to get some
action. Not a good look.
Give them heaps.
Geoff