Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

wrote in message
oups.com...
About 15 years ago, I worked in a mechanical shop that had a 5 gallon
pail of what was called "water pump grease". There was no label on the
product, that is simply what everyone called it. It was super thick
grease, green in color. People used it for all types of things, such
as putting a finger-full of it in the rear cavity on an axle shaft seal
that has the little spring on the inside so that the spring did not
fall out from the shock when hammering the seal in place, etc.

If by "water pump" it meant "drinking water pump", then it may be one of the
several food-grade lubricants pharmaceutical companies use to lube tablet
presses.

One of them I'm familiar with is an almost aquamarine greenish-blue. It's
very, very stiff when cool, and has less lubricity than, say, a moly grease;
but it's still a good lubricant.

FWIW, the food-grade greases are also usually very (I mean extremely)
sticky, so they stay where they're put, even on warm vertical surfaces.

You can find such lubricants in standard cartridges or in bulk from Natoli,
Inc. (www.natoli.com)

LLoyd