Michael Kennedy

How about giga-bit etherent? 1000Mb/s or Firewire which is 800Mb/s.
Either of these are much faster than USB or USB 2.0

- Mike

"dsg" wrote in message
news
Hi all,

I have an idea for an electronics project (don't I always?), but have hit
a bit of a stumbling block.

The idea was to make a PC-based logic analyzer. I would build a board with
an FPGA and some buffer SRAM, and the PC would read from this buffer. The
problem is that I would need at least 32 channels at 20MHz, and I have yet
to find a way to transfer data to the PC at sufficient speed to handle
this, other than PCI (which would be a lot of work and very expensive).
USB2 Hi-speed (480Mbit/s) is not enough, according to my calculations.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had better ideas? Perhaps someone
sells a peripheral card with a high-speed external bus?

With regards,
dsg