MBQ

Default Query;Upvc DG and building regs

(Lobster) wrote in message . com...
"G&M" wrote in message ...
"Lobster" wrote in message
om...

Did you submit full plans for this work at the start ? If so surely all
these plans showed things like windows, ventilation and the like, and the
BCO should have accepted/rejected these things then, not now.

No, did it under a building notice. I'd been led to believe by the
architect who was advising us at the time that this would be fine
since there would be no need for retrospectively applying the
regulations as it was an old property; the building notice therefore
referred to the reinstatement of the two original properties from one,
with specific mention of the two or three specific items which needed
BCO approval (we thought) - new doorways, new kitchen and bathroom in
one house etc. With hindsight, the full plans route would have been
better (and it might have been appropriate for the BCO to point that
out at the point of submission IMHO!)

Why? How is the BCO supposed to know what you didn't include on the
building notice? She's only doing her job if she then tells you to put
right things you didn't mention that come within her remit. I wouldn't
expect her to spot things she's not looking for (or you haven't done
yet) on each visit. Hence you get the constant dripfeed of
instructions to put thing right. Come clean now with everything else
you haven't told her about and life will be a lot easier.

MBQ