Charlie Self

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Charlie Self wrote:

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

I'm not saying science should promptly go out and do this.
I've said all the way though this thread that existing
science should be engaged in a civil and throughtful
debate with people like the IDers rather than running from
them. The very fact that we have never observed "something
springing from nothing" coupled with the fact that the
Universe is a "something" should be triggering really deep
questions about existing methods of science and how they
might be improved.

The problem with civility of discourse in this case is not with the
scientists. It is the IDers who insist they are correct, without an
iota of proof, and who get excessively forceful about it, insisting on
equality with proven science.

How many of the IDers have you personally read? I've just started,
but I've not seen a single instance of what you describe so far.
The behavior you describe is more likely something you will find
in some school board meeting, not among the intellectuals within
the ID movement. And - as I've said before - we can fix the school
board problem by (very properly) getting rid of tax-funded education.

How many do you have to read to understand that their insistence on
teaching a pseudo-science is the center of their beings. I live in one
of the most strongly religious areas in the U.S. (about 30 miles from a
truly creative designer, Jerry Falwell, and not all that far from that
other creative bull**** artist, Pat Roberston: we're immersed in this
nonsense on a daily basis here).

The school boards are what is important. Intellectuals do nothing more
than create the storms that their True Believers direct at others. And
intellectuals are often wrong.

I don't want to discuss your Libertarian tax, or other, views.