Morris Dovey

Tim Daneliuk (in ) said:

| Charlie Self wrote:
|
|| Tim Daneliuk wrote:
||| I'm not saying science should promptly go out and do this.
||| I've said all the way though this thread that existing
||| science should be engaged in a civil and throughtful
||| debate with people like the IDers rather than running from
||| them. The very fact that we have never observed "something
||| springing from nothing" coupled with the fact that the
||| Universe is a "something" should be triggering really deep
||| questions about existing methods of science and how they
||| might be improved.
|| The problem with civility of discourse in this case is not with the
|| scientists. It is the IDers who insist they are correct, without an
|| iota of proof, and who get excessively forceful about it,
|| insisting on equality with proven science.
|
| How many of the IDers have you personally read? I've just started,
| but I've not seen a single instance of what you describe so far.
| The behavior you describe is more likely something you will find
| in some school board meeting, not among the intellectuals within
| the ID movement. And - as I've said before - we can fix the school
| board problem by (very properly) getting rid of tax-funded
| education.

Trying to make "intellectual" a dirty word?

With all of its warts, our tax-funded educational system is one of the
major underpinnings of a society that's been struggling (with a
remarkable degree of success) since its inception to provide equal
opportunity for all.

My personal past experience with people who want to "fix the school
board problem" has been that they (the fixers) don't even bother to
attend the meetings. Rather, they whine loudly about what was decided
and done "while they weren't looking".

IMO, the only way to fix most problems with school boards is to go to
the meetings, talk with stakeholders, and (if you're sure can do a
better job) run for election to the board yourself.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar