George

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message
You can't predict anything with evolution.

Sure you can.

Sorry Bruce. You stepped off the path on this one. You're confusing
process with result. Evolution is a process, and if you assume it's
directed toward a result, then you might be an IDer. It's not a
straight-line process, and therefore by its nature unpredictable. If we
consider examples found as steps leading to a present, we can find more and
more to shorten the gaps, though we can never tell if the creature under
study is specifically a transition toward success or failure.

Pre is before, dicere is speak. All your examples are post-dict.