kjhi98 kjhi98 is offline
Junior Member

Default economy 7 water heater tripping electrical circuit

Hi there,my economy 7 water heater has just started to trip the electrical circuit in my house whenever I switch it on.Initially it only tripped the circuit on the cheap rate heating during the early hours of the morning but that soon progressed onto tripping out when using the booster switch too.So now I can't use the economy 7 water heater completely.I've tried a new 30 amp fuse but the problem still persists & the wiring to the thermostat & immersion heater elements all seem to be intact.
What are the odds on the actual immersion heater elements inside the hot water cylinder being knackered & tripping the circuit?Is there anyway of knowing that the elements are knackered from just looking at them?If they are the problem which I suspect, are they easy to remove & replace?

Thanks so much for reading this posting, any constructive feedback would be very much appreciated as winter is soon on it's way!

regards

Crispin