Richard Faulkner

In message , Richard
Conway writes
. wrote:
"mark harrison" wrote in message
. ..

BG came round yesterday to quote to replace our old 30 ry old gravity
system (glow worm hide away) with a new combi.
After we explained our requirements and the extension proposed for the
property they proposed the following boiler.

Worcester Greenstar 440 Highflow - 201/min, 60l primary store, twin tap
operation.
So the best bit, with the removal of our old system, quite a bit of
additional pipework, external bricking up, removal of all old tanks,
new radiator valves and wirless control comes to - £4156 (boikler price
in BG paperwork was £2.2k)

Thoughts and opinions on the quote please.

BG do not do the work, they sub it out to a local company = extra cost
google will find you a price for this boiler iirc its about £1400 ish

Firm I used to work for did a quote for a new boiler and some other
minor work for £1200.
BG quoted £2600.
Householder thought we were too cheap and might not be around to provide
guarantee.
They took the BG quote.
BG subbed it to us.
Householder less than pleased.

Well surely it was still BG that would be guaranteeing the work so the
householder should still be happy in the knowledge that if you went
under BG would have to find somebody else to sort it out if the work
was wrong.

How could that make it worth paying an extra £1400 for the same job.
AFAIK, if you get a new boiler, BG will provide a service contract for
around £150 per year - they will probably offer and recommend the same
on their "own" product.

--
Richard Faulkner