Rob V

For the base - I would make a torsion box w/ the ribs going length wise w/
supporting cross members.

The rest of it - not sure yet - its just off the top of my head.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello, I want to make this style sofa on a really tight budget. Could
you help me answer some questions about the design of what is pictured
here? http://www.dellarobbiausa.com/produc...ofa/zatana.htm

What kind of wood would you use to build the platform that this sofa
sort of "sits" on?
I've seen this sofa close-up and there is an angle iron that runs the
length of the sofa underneath, to add extra support to keep the wood
from bowing. Please add your thoughts about what kind of wood. Also,
if you reccomend a certain type of wood, can you tell me where I might
find it and how much I should expect it to cost?

Also, I know I can slide a square piece of plywood inside of a couch
cushion, and then screw the cushion to the frame of the sofa, but what
about the backrest? How would I make a sturdy support for a backrest
cushion? I just can't picture this aspect of it in my head. Would I
just use something like an "L" bracket to give support? That would be
fine, but that's not what was done on the model I am trying to copy.
Thoughs again, please?

I highly respect you guys (and girls) and appreciate any advice I get
on this. Thank you for your time and I hope the rest of your day or
evening goes pleasantly.

Keith