Tim Daneliuk

Bruce Barnett wrote:

Tim Daneliuk writes:

There is NO way to use ID to predict any results.
We CAN use evolution to predict results.

*Micro evolution* (within a given species) has been demonstrated.
*Macro evolution* (moving from lower- to higher biocomplexity and
achieving new speciation) has never been demonstrated.

As I understand it, "micro-evolution" and "macro-evolution" is a term
used by creationists.

These are terms use to distinguish between demonstrable and not-demonstrable
forms of evolution. It is convenient for your purposes to call it all
"evolution" but there is a considerable difference in the quality of
evidencary support for different aspects of the theory. Hence my
use of the terms. So much for your guilt-by-association tactics, BTW.

"Micro-evolution" exists becase we have watched it happen in our presence.

Agreed.

"macro-evolution" requires a length of time longer than man has been
on the earth. There we can never watch it happen.

Right. So unless some indirect *evidence* (beyond just supposition,
extrapolation, and fairy tails) exists, you have to stipulate this
is a *weak* theory. No modern evolutionary apologist seems willing to
do this (to the detriment of their credibility). Instead they
cling to it with religious fervor. I'm not saying it is wrong,
I am saying it is currently undemonstrable even indirectly.

*Neither* predicts anything in any real sense. You are overstating
(by a lot) exactly the state of knowledge as regards to evolution.

Nope. See my other post.

Ask a paleonology to predict the characteristics of a horse fossil in
rocks 25 millions years old.

OK - let me be more precise - Macro-evolution is an inductive theory that
is presently absent direct experimental verification or the transition
fossils that make the whole business work. It is thus non-predictive.
Your earlier examples of micro-evolution *do* provide some predictive
ability exactly because a horse, is a horse, is horse...

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/