Bruce Barnett

"Fletis Humplebacker" ! writes:

Not necessarily. A prediction entails a predetermined end result,
a hypothesis could entail anything.

A scientific hypothesis IS a prediction. If the prediction fails, then
the hypothesis is wrong or flawed.

More emphasis on critical thinking would be good but "science" is
a very general term. I see no reason to exclude ID as a possibility
unless there are other motives.

Scienctific reasoning is not a general term. It's the process we use
examine what we see, try to explain them, and find out if the
explanation is right or wrong.

DO you believe everything you are told? No, of course not. You use
reason to determine if what you are told is right or not. This is
essential to each and every one of us.

Scientific reasoning teaches us HOW to find out if something is true
or false. Especially when we don't know the right answer, or have
anyone to ask.