M.J.

"George" george@least wrote in message

"Bill Gooch" wrote in message
.. .
Not exactly
sure what purpose the wood screw serves but I'll get the hang of it.
Wife is not impressed that this is her 40th anniversary present.....

Woodworm screw is one way of starting smaller stuff. No substitute in
my

mind for the security of a pin chuck. Or the convenience of pin jaws.
Also has a tendency to rust up badly unless it's stainless, causing some
problems in removal.

Woodworm screw is for "smaller stuff?.......... Once again you crack me up
George!
I regularly turn bowl blanks up to 20 inch diameter and seven to eight
inches deep on my
Oneway Stronghold with woodworm screw. It is also NOT stainless and after
using it for
around seven years I have yet to find any rust on it. Will be right back am
going to my shop/studio
to see if any rust has started today that I might have missed
........................ Nope still no rust!
You would think living so close to the ocean compounded by turning wet green
blanks would
cause mine to rust..... Hmmmmmm wonder when it will show up?
Anyway thanks for yet another chuckle George...

--

Regards,
M.J. (Mike) Orr