Adam wrote:
Metal Supermarkets? Man, they are the priciest place I've seen yet,
maybe second to Home Depot... I got a quote on some 2x2x.120 steel tube

I guess I'm comparing Metal Supermarket to the other local sources.
Allied Iron in Belmont and Alan Steel are both more than the Metal
Supermarket in Redwood City. I know there are cheaper sources on the
East Bay, but then I have to factor in driving 45+ minutes each way.

As for copper, onlinemetals seems to have prices lower than the other
local shops. However, today I priced some copper rod from Sequoia Brass
and Copper in Hayward and they nearly matched onlinemetals prices. So I
guess I'll be driving out to Hayward next week.