Andy Champ

John Schmitt wrote:

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:58:43 +0100, The3rd Earl Of Derby
wrote:

Possible there is water/condensation remains have got into the wood
behind
the old paint, hence it going tacky.

It has of course occurred to you that the tackiness is only evident
because objects have put onto the shelf and the partly-cured paint has
for that reason revealed a tacky nature? The only reason that water
can interfere with the curing of an oxidatively crosslinking paint is
by immersion, which physically debars the oxygen.

Puts paid to your rather over zealous assumption.

Three years in the industry of formulating paints, adhesives and the
like, I would describe as experience rather than assumption.

John Schmitt

Now where was it I was reading the other day about someone who had 5
tins of 2-pot paint stolen from his truck - but not the hardener?

Andy