Dave D

"Tom MacIntyre" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:01:54 +0100, "Dave D" wrote:

"Albert Grennock" wrote in message

snip

Properly tuned I guarantee that a £49 portable would pale next to a
£500
CRT.

I am sorry you are wrong, there would be no difference whatsoever,
infact
the expensive TV is likely to be worse.
The technology required to produce a *perfect* TV picture is not
expensive,
infact it is pretty cheap. By perfect I mean as good as the signal
recieved.
Also due to the economies of scale more work goes into mass
producing cheap sets than building a handfull of expensive models, which
due to their high price makes a repair worthwhile.
The cheaper sets have to right first time.
Same goes for Rolls-Royces and Ford Focus's, the engineering on the
Ford is vastly superior.
Go into any TV show room and there will be no correlation between
picture and price, usually the more expencive sets have the worst
piccture.

Peope pay more for a TV set because they believe that they must pay a
price
to suit their 'status', the picture is the same.

Albert, your posts are nothing if not entertaining.

Dave

Well...if you get really close, the small screen picture looks
better... :-)

LOL!

Dave