Michael Kennedy

What is that just south of your wires on pin 23 and right of R152? Looks to
be a blob of solder dropped on the traces.
Take a close look at it or a close picture.
- Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've uploaded a few images of the mod. I hope they can be useful, or at
least interesting to look for.

If it's just a fixable mechanical problem I'd be very happy! :-)

Here we go:

http://www.chromozoma.net/pc_engin_mod/IMG_0178.jpg
This is an overview of the board from the top side. You can see the
video chip (Hudson HuC6260), the RF analog output on the lower left
zone (the big metal plate) and the ribbon cable that covers the top
part of the expansion port (on the back side of which I made the mod).
Notice the position of the expansion port and the position of the video
chip: the analog output is inbetween the 2. that made me think that the
video signal is routed first to the analog output and then to the
expansin port. Since I had the video disturb also using the analog
output, I deduced that the problem could be with the chip, but I'd
gladly be proved wrong.

http://www.chromozoma.net/pc_engin_mod/IMG_0179.jpg
Here is a closeup of the chips

http://www.chromozoma.net/pc_engin_mod/IMG_0180.jpg
Another closeup of the video chip (a bit blurred, but my camera
couldn't focus at that distance, sorry)

http://www.chromozoma.net/pc_engin_mod/IMG_0181.jpg
Here's an overview of the back side of the board. You can see the
expansion port on the lower side with the attached modding wires. On
the left there are video pins, on the right side audio pin (I have no
problem with the audio output). I used the screws as grounding point.

http://www.chromozoma.net/pc_engin_mod/IMG_0182.jpg
Closeup of the connections of the mod.

http://www.chromozoma.net/pc_engin_mod/IMG_0183.jpg
Another closeup. Sorry for the blurriness. Blue red and yellow wires
are for R, G and B signals; brown and green wires are respetively for
video sync and fast video blanking.

http://www.chromozoma.net/pc_engin_mod/IMG_0187.jpg
A close side shot of the video connections.

http://www.chromozoma.net/pc_engin_mod/IMG_0184.jpg
A closeup of the audio connections (as you saw from the board overview,
they are on the other side of the expansion connector).

Thanks a lot to everyone than is willing to help me.

Mauro_