Charlie Bress

It looks like it might be a Moen
I have had problems getting the cartridges out. A new cartridge come with a
little plastic adapter that fits over the cartridge when it is in the state
that you have it and lets you put a wrench to it to move the cartridge back
and forth to help break it loose. They get stuck because of deposits
building up around them. In one very difficult removal I use a slide hammer
(AKA dent puller) to break the sucker loose. Once you get it out the Home
Depots and Lowes have replacements. There are more than one size so you need
to match it up.

Charlie

"wgd" wrote in message
.net...
My kitchen faucet has had the drips when shut off for quite a while.
However, it has gradually gotten worse. It's not only annoying but now
it's practically a continuous fine stream. That has got to be wasting a
lot of water. Googling the problem seemed to indicate that this might be
a fairly simple project. So I thought I would give it a try.

I don't know who manufactured the faucet. I can't find any markings on
the unit. It is somewhere in the range of 10-15 years old. I purchased
it at a now defunct home center store and had it installed.

I'm trying to disassemble it to get at the "valve stem assemble" which
is apparently what needs to be replaced. But I'm only able to
disassemble it so far and then I'm stuck on what to do next. Here's a
picture of the faucet and how far I've gotten.

http://home.comcast.net/~wgdus/Kitchen-faucet.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~wgdus/Kitchen-faucet-2.jpg

The second image is not too clear since my digital camera does not take
good close up shots. The center part will turn but I don't see how to
remove it.

Also, assuming I'm able to disassemble the faucet will I be able to get
replacement parts for an unknown brand over a decade old?

Any help on the above problem will be greatly appreciated.

Warren