Joseph Meehan

Cartrivision1 wrote:
Hello, the apartment I live in has had a bad mildew problem since I
moved in 2 years ago. It is a 3-plex, with a small studio apt. in the
basement. The owner had a mold removal company come out and look at
the problem. They suggested cutting back the landscape to get more
natural light, using dehumidifiers, and also removing the mold in the
crawlspace underneath the house.

Well the landlord did all of the above, but does not want to shell out
the $ to have the mold removed. He is trying to cheap out on this,
claiming the mold removal company only can guarantee their work for
1-year. He says that there was a couple of water leaks in both the
basement laundry room and the basement studio, and that he is also
going to put down another layer of plastic over the dirt in the
crawlspace.

He also wants to run an ozone generator for a few hours underneath the
house. Would it be necessary to remove my pets from my apt. if the
ozone machine is being run under the house, and how effective would
running it for only 6 hours be towards the problem?

thanks
CTV

Your landlord may have no choice. Check with your local authorities.
They may insist that proper mold removal be done. To be fair about this
there is mold and there is MOLD. Most mold is harmless, but ugly and
slinky. But some is harmful.

Ozone is nasty stuff. I would not want to be anywhere around where they
are going to pump enough in to attack a mold problem. I would not allow my
pets there either. Make sure everything is very well aired out after they
are done and before you and your pets return.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit