Fred

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:13:33 +0100, "Fred" scrawled:

I find it surprising, will the IEE and authorities hell bent on reducing
risk - Part P and all that, that a ring main based on 2.5mmT+E is still
allowed. In most environments 2.5mm is not up to passing 32A which is an
every day possibility.

When? You sure you've not got ring and radial mixed up?
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group

From a current perspective, what's the difference. Suppose we have two
sockets close to one end, say nominally 1/10 into the ring. 9/10 of the MCB
breaking current will pass through the shortest path. So yes a radial
circuit can then take 10% less current.

I accept that probability is small, nevertheless it's still there, and in
our present nanny state I'm surprised it's still allowed. Wait until the
17th Edition! It'll be the 18th or 19th before they insist all light
fittings be 12V or to have "finger proof" fittings. After that 115V
balanced around earth.