Rob Morley

In article ,
says...

"AlexW" wrote in message
Bob Mannix wrote:
"AlexW" wrote in message

Bob Mannix wrote:

"AlexW" wrote in message

Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:53:23 UTC, "blackboab"
wrote:

AC current changes direction 50 times a second

No, it doesn't.

I thought it did actually as Electrons flow from -ve to +ve IIRC, or
the current flows from +ve to -ve in conventional notation.

The live is always energised though with either a +ve or -ve potential
wrt the neutral.

You fell into his little trap! It changes direction 100 times per
second, having a burst in both directions 50 times a second.

Trap?

It still changes 50 times second though for the UK supply, the limits
would be a minimum of 99 to 101 times.

So that would be 100, not 50

AC current could actually change at any frequency.

Well so it could but it *could* also be a 330,000 V AC supply, in which
case

Yes, it could.

You snipped the context of the (rest of) the question though and the
response did not really clarify things for the OP.

I responded to the OP question in another posting which was crystal clear.
In this posting I was responding to your assertion that "it did actually"
change direction 50 times per second (which it doesn't)

It does in a way - given that it changes 50 times in half a second it
must change 50 times in a second (then another fifty times as well), but
I think he's just wriggling.