The3rd Earl Of Derby

John Schmitt wrote:
On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 13:25:15 +0100, neil leslie
wrote:

I glossed the kitchen and bathroom woodwork around the windows
yesterday. The kitchen window is fine but 24hrs later the bathroom
window is still tacky. What's causing this and do I simply wait for
an extended period of time for it to dry?

Was it an old tin of paint? The driers, which are organometallic
compounds to catalyse the crosslinking of the paint resins have a
habit of going off with time.

John Schmitt

If the kitchen window dried ok but the bathroom window is still tacky I'd
of thought the paint was not old and the bathroom window needed a good
clean before applying the paint.

Possible there is water/condensation remains have got into the wood behind
the old paint, hence it going tacky.

Puts paid to your rather over zealous assumption.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite