John Cartmell

In article , Huge wrote:
30 years ago that's what we thought. Then computers started to get fast
enough to do a very small amount of that task and we realised that each
word didn't need simple hooks to other words but a whole word-specific
program of their own. AI (true AI) is now further away than it was in the
late seventies. ;-(

W-e-e-e-e-e-e-llll. Have a look at the CYC project, now at
http://www.opencyc.org/

Thanks for that. I'm *very* rusty with my AI reading but I know when I start
I'll want to contribute - and that will be a full-time project!
When I retire ...