Dave Fawthrop

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:39:23 +0000 (UTC), "pat"
wrote:

| if the nutral is carrying a current at the time of you holding it then yes
| you can be electrocuted......nutral is the preferd method for a current to
| make it's return. ground or earth is a protection circuit and back at the
| generation site is connected to nutral.

Assuming proper wiring, there will only be a *small* voltage on the neutral
wire, whatever current is being carried. IIRC it needs more than 30 volts
to kill someone, I have personally touched 30 volt supplies more times than
I care to remember without ill effects, apart from a tingle. Mind you it
is a practice best avoided ;-)

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.