Andy Pandy

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 22:29:21 +0100, Andy Wade
wrote:

Jim Ingram wrote:

Could someone please expain to me what the requirements are for
ensuring a balanced road on a ring main.

The essential requirements are in Reg. 433-02-04 and can be summarised thus:

- min. conductor size is 2.5 mm^2 (with one exception: 1.5 mm^2 is
permitted for 2-core MI cables);

- the as-installed cable rating (Iz), taking into account the
installation method and grouping factors, etc., must not be less than 20
amps;

SNIPPED

This is all well and good in theory but what happens when new
occupants move into a house, with various load appliances ?
Are the regs soon going to tell us where we can place our appliances?
Have there been cases of houses being damaged by misplaced appliances
on properly installed ring mains ?
This issue seems on the surface, to be getting out of hand.

Andy