Michael Mcneil

Default Shared private sewer question

"pse" wrote in message

I own a (post 1937) house with a parking area nearby. There is a drain
(strictly a grid or gully) on a part of the parking area that I own. My
neighbours A and B also own sections of the parking area, and it is sloped
so that their surface rainwater runs off into my gully. It looks like the
sewer between my gully and an inspection chamber on A's land has collapsed,
so that water no longer flows from the gully to the chamber. This results in
period is flooding around the gully.

This sounds more like one for uk.legal. I imagine if stuff from other
people's property is causing you a problem they are in part responsible.
I doubt they will be very helpful though. Is it in your power to awkward
about things else? Blocking certain parts of the manhole for instance,
so
that a more selective back up problem is widely shared.

You'd have to be clever about that. Or brazunly insist that stopping
their access to the rest of the sewer allows what is in there at the
moment to drain away thank you all very much for your concern sort of
thing.

(You might bear in mind that a youth in my locality is in intensive care
after squabbling with his friend. The father of the friend intervened
with a machette and hit him on the bonce. That was over #7.50. I think
he will lose a bit more than that not being able to work due to being in
prison for the next 10 years.)

DAMNED BLOODY AMERICAN EFFING PROGRAMMING! Where is my pound sign???!!!