Dave Miller

Funny you should write this. I was at a Rockler in Burnsville, MN a
couple weeks back while I was home visiting the parents. They had
boards of laminated bamboo, looked to be 3/4 inch thick, about 11" wide,
and maybe 8' long. They were so new the clerks didn't have much
information about them. Looked a little different than the C&B
furniture, the laminations were each maybe 1/4 inch wide. SOrry, don't
have pricing but maybe it's something that will be available soon
elsewhere. Couldn't find it on Rockler's website.

rob wrote:
It seems there is a new type of bamboo lumber that crate and barrel are
using for some of their furniture. It looks quite nice.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family...1&SearchPage=1

I searched the web using google, looked in woodweb and an asian woodweb
site for any references to where I can buy this bamboo lumber. I even
contacted crate and barrel (I'm still waiting for a reply). All I
could find are references to bamboo flooring.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I might obtain information
about purchasing some of this lumber ?

It sounds like it would be an easily and quickly renewable resource. I
suspect it may be new to the lumber market and there are not that many
manufactures ?

Thanks for the advice,
rob baynes