Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
You hopefully have a cheap supply of wood that can save you money.
I hope that's the reason for burning wood. Otherwise you are insane
with going through the bother of tending a stove and putting up with
the introduction of bugs into your house.

At the price of utilites, wood can save a bundle of money. there are ways
to eliminate the bugs too, but you have to do that ahead of time.

If you still want to burn don't use the door. Opening the door for
periodic loads of wood lets much of the heat cost savings fly out the
door.

You mean opening hte door for 30 seconds is going to lose more heat than can
be brought in in that time? I use a wheelbarrowa nd can bring in a load on
the coldest of days and not lose all that much heat compard to what I'm
bringing in, maybe 48+ hours of heating.

Burning cold wood is not efficient either.

This I agree with. Few days to a week is best as it will dry more in the
house too.